Tuesday 21 February 2012

Sugoi Brand Championing--the selection

The news came this afternoon, something I knew about myself already, from the years of loyalty. I have been selected as a Sugoi Brand Champion. Very exciting!!

I have been using and abusing my Sugoi gear in Vancouver for the better part of 12 years, and no matter how much mud, rain, water, sun, snow, road grit, blood, sweat, or anything else I brutalize it with, it just keeps up with me. I can honestly say that I do not think I have ever disposed of any Sugoi product–it is darn near indestructible.

I am proud to officially represent Sugoi at all of my upcoming events in 2012. The last of the Fraser Valley Trail Series, Race #4 is here in the lower mainland/ Aldergrove this coming weekend, and after 3 races, I have steadily improved my placings and finish time over my 2011 results.

Last week was the PRR First Half Half Marathon, where I threw down a 1:27:31–cutting 2 and a half minutes off of my half marathon PB from 2010. The next big event is the 20th anniversary Chuckanut 50km out of Fairhaven, WA. Long training runs upwards of 30, 40, or 50kms lately have become almost a spiritual experience. Perhaps starting at 5:30am helps this, as I am nearly asleep for the first hour of the long run.

This is all the set up for the BMO Vancouver Marathon where I will be shooting for a 3:07:00. I need to be under 3:10:00 to meet the Boston Qualifier. Should I make my time goal, you bet I will make the trip to Boston in 2013. Three months to go before the BMO, I have the distance in my legs, now I just have to get the speed up. 2012 is just getting better and better!!!!

2 comments: